SETTING CUTTING WIDTH
Default setting is set cut internal area at the edge of the push rollers. It is possible to set so the cutter cut the area up to 10 mm (positive value) outside the push roller, or 10 mm (negative value) inside from the default position, or not to cut the end of the media.
The width will enlarge if the value is set to positive, and the width will decrease if the value is set to negative. Setting will affect both ends, resulting the total width change will be double the set value.
CAUTION: Do not se the "initial blade control position" of the special function to "outside" when the setting value is set to more than 8 mm. The blade might be damaged by moving the carriage outside the media under this condition.
- If the value is set to positive, it is able to cut over where the push rollers are, but the push rollers passes where it is cut, creating a chance of bad feeding depends on the media.
- Set the width of cutting area, and then send the cutting data to he plotter. Cutting data in the buffer memory will be cleared when cutting area width is changed.
1) Press the [MENU] key in READY status. Menu screen is displayed.
2) Press the  key (AREA). Area parameters setting screen (1/2) is displayed.
3) Press the  key (EXPAND). EXPAND LIMIT setting screen is displayed.
4) Press the POSITION UP/DOWN/RIGHT/LEFT key and increase or decrease the setting value.
5) Confirm the setting and press [ENTER] key (SET). Setting is set, and it will return to AREA PARAMETER screen (1/2).
6) Press the [MENU] key. It will return to default screen.
SETTING PAGE LENGTH
Page 1 length when using the roll media is set. Only the part that will fit into the set page length will be cut for the cutting data that is longer than the set page length, and the exceeding part will not be cut.
1) Default setting for page length is 2 m. Check the setting of the page length when cutting long length.
2) FC8600 guarantees the accuracy up to 15 m page length. (Depends on the media specified by Graphtec and setting conditions)
- Use the basket
- Use 3M plastic backing film for the media.
- Set the speed to 30 or under, quality to 4 or under for conditions.
- Perform pre-feed for the amount to be used before cutting.
- Leave the media in environment to use for adequate time if the deviation of temperature and humidity is big.
- Set both push rollers at least 15 mm inside the edge of the media.
3) Set the sideway tension of the media uniform when setting the color adhesive film or recording media when cutting long length. Media might come off the rollers while cutting if it is not uniform.
4) Pull out the rollers while cutting if it is not uniform.
5) Pull out the amount to use before cutting when you are using the roll media.
6) To reduce the shifting of the media, perform the pre-feed to the full length to be cut. Also, pre-feeing can be done automatically when the data is received, or done automatically when the media is loaded. Remember - Pre-feeding will stabilize the feed by acclimating the media, taking out the slack.
7) This setting is maintained even after the power is turned-off.
1) Press the [MENU] key. MENU screen is displayed.
2) Press the  key (MEDIA). MEDIA setting screen (1/3) is displayed.